Monday 6 December 2010

Magazine Advert - Tamanna

In todays lesson, we looked at magazine's adverts containing conventions.
The conventions found in a magazine advert are, Images, Websites and Bonus materials.
During this, I have learnt that majority of magazine advert have some sort of performance image e.g playing the electronic guitar which signifies to the audience what the type of genre it is.
The image found on the front of the CD cover, is either a long shot or an close up shot.
The two CD covers which I looked at Steve Winwood and Suzanne Vega, both the artists have edited their image to black and white which looks appealing as the image stands out more.
Also the shot and angle of the image makes the image appealing to look at as Steve Winwood, on his CD cover he is looking straight at the camera, this on the cover looks as if he has eye contact with the audience.
From the above, the element I will be taking on board for my own magazine advert is think about the  different level of shots and use my editing techniques to make the image attracting.
The font style varies on different style of genre, however most of the time the font size of the album/title are BIG as it attract the audiences attention.
I have recognized that Debut albums only have the artists name in BIG and have no album name. This helps the artist to be recognized by the name as it is a Debut album.
Doing a Debut album for my artist, has made me think about my own magazine advert and how I should have the artist name in BIG.

The advert also contain star ratings, which are made from well known companies such as 'The Guardian' etc.
They also have websites to view about the artist and for the fans or where you can purchase the CD.
A few magazine adverts has an Amazon logo which supports the artist.
The advert also contains the release date of the CD, some CD contains tour dates or live shows information.


Posted by Tamanna

No comments:

Post a Comment